To Infinity and Beyond: Celebrate Your Next Child's Birthday with the Help of Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Friends!
June 08, 2012
The Toy Story movies have been a popular birthday party theme for years, so chances are, if you have a little one, at one point or another, you’ll be throwing a birthday party with Buzz, Woody, and Jessie as the central theme. So toss on your cowboy hat and set your radio frequency to Mission Control as you prepare to plan the best Toy Story birthday party your child could want!
Start by rounding up all the gang with personalized Toy Story invitations to send to the guests. Depending on your child’s favorite character, you can choose your buzz lightyear personalized invitations or go for a Woody design. Or, mix and match if you don’t want to play favorites between Andy’s two favorite toys!
Decorating for your Toy Story birthday party can be simple. Stick to the primary colors featured in the films. Red, yellow, and brown were the main colors associated with Woody and Jessie, while Buzz was known for his lime green, purple, and white space suit. String streamers in those color combinations from the ceiling to add a festive air to your party space. Of course you’ll want to deck the table out with all the Toy Story paper goods you can find too! Start out with our brightly colored Toy Story tablecloth and top it with Toy Story plates, cups, and napkins. To top off your Toy Story decorations, add a Buzz Lightyear stand-up for the kids to pose with for photographs! If you have a photo printer, you can even print out the photos during the party and have the kids take the photos home as a favor.
If you want to serve more than the traditional birthday party fare of cake and ice cream at your Toy Story birthday party, you can keep it simple by serving up pizza. After all, Pizza Planet was a key location in the first Toy Story film, so why not use it as part of your own party? Plus, ordering pizza means less work for you before and during the party!
Plan some fun activities to keep the kids amused during your Toy Story party.
- If you’re using the Buzz Lightyear stand-up as part of your decorations and plan to print out the photos for the kids to take home, have the kids make picture frames out of popsicle sticks, cardboard, or inexpensive foam kits that can be found at most craft stores.
- Let the kids paint their own piggy banks, like the character Ham. You can find unpainted banks at the local craft store for just a few dollars. Kids can use paint, markers, or stickers to decorate their banks, although if you’re going to use paint, you’ll have to provide cardboard boxes for guests to transport their banks home in because they probably won’t be dry before the party is over.
- Have the kids create their own Mr. Potato Head out of modeling clay or Play-Doh.
- And, lastly, for a fun twist on the traditional party game of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey, cut out a large picture of Woody and cardboard sheriff badges for each guest. Blindfold everyone and spin them around, then see who can pin the badge on Woody!
- Of course, you’ll want to have the Toy Story movies playing in the background for the kids to watch during any down time!
When you’re ready to send the kids back home, pass out goodie bags with Toy Story related treats inside! These party favors can include sheriff badges like Woody’s, plastic army men, Toy Story stickers, and Slinkies.
Woody, Buzz, and Jessie can help your child celebrate their birthday in style and with a little imagination, and the help of Windy City Novelties, you can pull off a Toy Story party your child will never forget!