Celebrate your Little Lady's Next Birthday with a Little Ladybug Themed Birthday Party!
July 12, 2012
When your favorite little lady is getting ready to celebrate her big day, throw her a fabulous ladybug themed party! Perfect for toddler girls, a ladybug party can be put together with simple ladybug decorations, tasty treats, and fun activities that will thrill the birthday and guests of all ages!
You’ll want to invite all your friends and family to share your little lady’s special day with you, so start by sending out ladybug personalized invitations in this adorable ladybug pattern. Easy to personalize with all your party info, these invites will take all the stress out of the invitation process, leaving you plenty of time to focus on picking the perfect party supplies and planning your party menu!
If you want to keep your ladybug party decorations simple, you can go with basic red and black, or you can go all out and decorate with some of our fabulous ladybug party supplies, along with fun do-it-yourself options that will give your party a festive touch. Start with our adorable plastic ladybug table covers. Not only will they fit with your ladybug theme, but they’ll make cleanup a snap at the end of the day! Coordinate your tablecloth with our ladybug plates and Happy Birthday ladybug napkins and you’ll have everything you need to stock your buffet table and feed the hungry swarm! Create your own ladybug centerpiece by painting a terracotta flowerpot bright red and gluing black craft pom-poms on it. Once it’s dry, invert it on your table and attach black pipe cleaners for legs and antennae. Voila! You’ve created your very own ladybug to guard your table! You can even create multiple ladybugs using various pot sizes. Or, if you’re not that crafty, simply use one of our cute ladybug centerpieces instead. Adorn your ceiling with plenty of ladybug danglers and ladybug whirls.
Since you’ll be serving guests of all ages at your little lady’s ladybug party, you’ll want to have plenty of foods that are perfect for little fingers and little tummies but still appealing to adults. Instead of a full sit-down meal, consider a buffet of family-friendly finger foods.
- Cheese cubes, crackers, and sausage
- Fresh veggies and fruit cut into bite-size pieces and served with a yummy dip. Consider having small paper cups so people can take individual servings of the dip.
- Finger sandwiches cut into fun shapes like stars, circles, squares, circles, and triangles
- Goldfish crackers
- Mini hotdogs wrapped in crescent rolls
- Chocolate cupcakes topped with red frosting and chocolate sprinkles. Bake them in our ladybug cupcake wrappers for an extra special touch!
To keep the little bugs busy at your ladybug birthday party, plan some fun activities. Since you’re most likely talking about toddlers, your games don’t have to be involved, so here are some easy options.
- Print out ladybug coloring pages from the Internet. Set up an out of the way table with crayons where the kids can go when they need to be out of the way for a while.
- Crank up the tunes and let them try to learn the jitterbug! It doesn’t matter if no one knows the real steps, as long as the kids can get their groove on and get some energy out, they’ll have a great time!
- Play pin the spots on the ladybug. Cut out a giant ladybug as well as some large black polka dots. Let the kids try and get the spots on the bug and see who gets the closest.
- Have the kids make their own ladybug antennae out of headbands, pipe cleaners and Styrofoam balls.
Having a ladybug party is perfect for any little girl and with a little creativity, you can plan a fabulous party that will wow your guests and give your little lady the time of her life!