Check out these tips for throwing a Spiderman Themed Birthday Party for the Fan in your Family!
September 06, 2012
Make your son’s next birthday party “Marvel”-ous by planning a Spiderman themed bash he will never forget! With the latest Spiderman movie swinging into theaters this summer, this is going to be a hot party theme with the younger crowd. Here are some great ideas for throwing a Spiderman birthday party.
Invite your child’s friends to climb on over to your web with great personalized Spiderman invitations that you can customize with all your party details. This will save you time and let you focus on the fun decorating details instead of forcing you to fill out invite after invite by hand!
You’ll want to set the stage for your Spiderman themed birthday party with fun Spiderman party supplies and decorations. If you want to stick with simple decorations, a Spiderman banner, some coordinating danglers, and plenty of red streamers will fit the bill. Add a plastic Spiderman table cover to match your Spiderman plates and napkins and you’ll be ready for the party!
However, if you’re the crafty type and want to kick your decorations up a notch get creative with your Spiderman decorations and have some fun! Using black yarn, create a massive spider web on the walls and ceiling of your party space. Find a printable Spiderman page online and add it to your web for some extra flair! You can also use a cityscape scene setter on the walls to add to your Spiderman scene and let the kids think they’ve been transported to Spiderman’s city!
Set up a table with your Spiderman loot bags, which you can fill with various Spiderman-related goodies, including Spiderman stickers, Spiderman temporary tattoos, stretchy spiders, and red, and blue glow sticks.
When you’re planning your Spiderman party, you’ll want to have a couple activities planned to keep the kids amused.
- Hit the local dollar store and stock up on white plastic shower curtains. Have the kids decorate these with markers and turn them into their very own superhero capes!
- Instead of musical chairs, play musical webs. Draw spider webs on pieces of construction paper and place them on the floor. Have the kids jump from web to web while the music is playing and when the music stops, whoever isn’t on a web is out. Remove one web each round until there’s only one superhero left standing!
- Send the kids on a scavenger hunt looking for insect or superhero related items.
- If you don’t mind the mess, let the kids create their own spider webs using green silly string. It might be a mess, but the kids will love it! This is probably a better outside activity if weather permits.
- Find a friend who is willing to dress up in a Spiderman costume and stop by for a surprise visit. The kids will love getting to meet a real superhero and your child will win some serious cool points with his friends!
Once the games have wrapped up, the kids will be clamoring for some food. You can stick with the traditional cake and ice cream, which are guaranteed to be a sure hit with the younger crowd. Any bakery should be able to create a Spiderman cake if you’re not a baker-in-training. If you want to serve something more than the basic cake and ice cream, stick with the red and blue theme. Serve blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and cherries with whip cream or a cream cheese fruit dip, pepperoni rollups with olives, vanilla pudding dyed blue and red, Jell-o in individual cups, and red and blue corn chips with salsa. When in doubt, call on the power of food coloring and dye your foods to match your Spiderman theme!
You’re guaranteed to have a hit party on your hands when you throw a Spiderman-themed birthday party this year. With the latest movie being released, kids are going to be climbing the walls to see the film and celebrate their next birthday with this fantastic theme, and with a little creativity and some great party supplies, you’ll be able to make all their party dreams come true!