5 Helpful Dinner Party Tips
July 07, 2011
Dinner parties are great gatherings of family and friends over delicious food. It is one of my favorite parties. For those of you that would like to entertain your loved, here are 5 helpful tips for planning a dinner party.
1) Invite your guest early. Inviting your guests 2-3 weeks in advance gives them enough time to clear their schedules for your party. The best way to invite your guests is to call them. If you call your guests instead email blasting or Facebook inviting, you will have more of a chance of getting a response. Also, if you call, you can ask guests if they have food allergies or do not eat certain foods.
2) Think about the comfort of the guests. Do not invite more people than can fit in your dinner space. Dinner parties are suppose to be relaxing socials so don't try to cram a lot of people into a small space. Think about the ambiance of the dinner party. Do you want your party to be for the whole family or is it more for adults? Make sure that is known to your guests prior to the party.
3) Realistically consider the time you can invest into the party. Sensibly evaluate how much time you can dedicate in preparing food for the party as well as your cooking abilities. There are many other options to cater the party. You can order carry-out or even ask each guest to bring one dish. If you want your guests to bring a dish, make this decision before you invite your guests so that they are well informed.
4) Plan out your menu. Know exactly what you want to eat at your dinner party that fits your cooking skills and your budget. The dish that you prepare should be a dish that you are familiar with making. You don't want to waste time trying to get meal to taste right and neglect the company of your guests.
5) Double-check that you have the proper amount of eatery goods. Take a quick inventory on your eating utensils, napkins, plates, bowls, etc. prior to the party. You never want to have to leave the party to pick up more items.
Relaxing and socializing over a freshly cooked meal is a very sincere and comforting event. Make the best of your dinner party and create great memories with people you care about.