DIY: Jack O' Lantern Decorations with Tea Light Candles
July 22, 2011
Making decorations for a Halloween can be fun activity for the whole family to get involved. Here is a fun way to light up Jack O' Lantern tabletop accents to your home for this spooky holiday using our Flickering Halloween L.E.D. Tea Light Candles.
- Flickering Halloween L.E.D. Tea Light Candles
- Glass Vases (from a $1 Store) or canning jars
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Orange, Purple, and white crepe paper
- Black card stock
- Cover your vase or canning jar in Mod Podge. Apply the adhesive in a stripe motion.
- Adhere the strips of crepe paper to the Mod Podge to cover the entire container. Make sure hat strips are longer than the vase or canning jar. The access will be cut off later. Strips should overlap. Apply more Mod Podge to stripes if needed.
- Let the Mod Podge completely dry.
- Using your black card stock, cut out a face for your Jack O' Lantern. If you need a stencil. Search for Jack O' Lantern faces on the internet and size down the image to fit your container.
- Mod Podge your Jack O' Lantern face on to your vase or canning jar.
- Let completely dry.
- After it has dried, place one of the Flickering Halloween L.E.D. Tea Light Candles inside your container to make a spooky table decoration!