End of Summer Crafts Idea!
September 01, 2011
Just because summer is winding down, doesn’t mean you have to completely forget about the beauty of the season.
Create fireflies that will make you reminisce your summer adventures with the kids.
- Assorted 6” Glow Sticks
- Colored construction paper
- Clear jar Markers
- White glue
- Googly Eyes
- Pipe cleaners
- Craft pom-pons (optional)
- Cut 4 small ovals, 1 large oval, and 1 circle out of the construction paper to make the wings, belly, and face of your firefly. Decorate the cut outs using markers. Glue the googly eyes on to the face and let dry.
- Glue the wings, belly, and face of your firefly on to your clear jar.
- Glue pipe cleaners on the back of the firefly’s head to create its antenna. Curl the tips of the pipe cleaners into a swirl. (Optional: after swirling your pipe cleaners, glue craft pom-pons on the swirl.)
- Let dry.
- Crack a glow stick and place it inside the jar.