Face paint is always a fun accessory to add to your Halloween costume. It puts that final touch on a costume to make it complete. And, even if you’re not a fan of dressing in costume, a little face paint goes a long way and will instantly give you a costumed look. Get creative this Halloween by adding glow face paint to your Halloween costume! The face paint will show up matte in the daylight, but will glow once you’re in the dark. Choose between three different looks and follow the step by step guide in order to paint your own Halloween glow paint look!
Look 1: Hibiscus Flower
This look is great for the individual that wants to get into the Halloween spirit, but doesn’t want to overdo it. You can simply add a design to your face, or anywhere on your body, using glow in the dark body paint for a simple, yet fun Halloween look. And this look can be used for more than just Halloween! It’s great for festivals, concerts, glow runs and more. Here’s how to get the look:
1) Allow the glow paints to sit under a bright light, or in the sun, for several hours before using them. This will “charge” the paints so that they will glow in the dark.
2) Before beginning, test the glow paint on your skin to make sure you aren’t allergic. Rub a little on your inner wrist and wait five to ten minutes to see if it affects your skin. Wash it off and check your skin again. If your skin looks good, you can proceed!
3) Start with a fresh, clean face. Add a dab of primer to your finger and rub it into your entire face. This is to ensure the face paint will not harm your skin or cause you to break out. Wait a few minutes for the primer to set.
4) Use a hibiscus flower stencil to paint the flower shape. Choose a color for the flower—we picked orange glow paint.
5) Let the orange glow paint dry for a few minutes before painting on the rest of the flower. Then, use pink glow paint to add dimension to the flower. Do this by painting thin lines on the edges of each petal, or inside of each petal. Then use yellow glow paint to fill the center the flower.
6) Add in some finishing touches—this step is optional. You can add little designs around the flower, or you can choose to keep it simple. Our artist added some green glow paint around the outside of the flower, as well as a little pink glow paint above the eyebrow.
Look 2: Fairy Princess
Create a fairy princess glow face paint look to go with your fairy and/or princess costume! This look is also great for the individual that would like to keep their Halloween look minimal—just add some face paint and some wings and you’re good to go! Here’s how to get the look:
1) Allow your glow face paints to “charge” by setting them under a bright light, or in the sun, for a few hours before applying to your skin. The longer they are under the light, the longer they will glow in the dark.
2) Test the glow paints on your wrist to see if it affects your skin before applying it to your face. Leave it on for five to ten minutes and then wash it off. If your skin looks okay, proceed.
3) Start with a fresh, clean face. Add a bit of primer to your entire face to prevent the glow paints from soaking into your pores.
4) Mix together the pink glow paint and the blue glow paint to get purple glow paint. Use a star stencil to paint a star on the center of the forehead. You can also draw the star free hand, but I would suggest starting with a white eyeliner pencil to outline the star, and fill in the star with purple glow paint.
5) Use the white eyeliner pencil to create a curvy design on one side of the face. Recreate that same design on the other side of the face, making it as symmetrical as you can. Paint over the white eyeliner using a think paint brush and purple glow paint. You may have to use several coats of purple glow paint to get a thick and smooth design.
6) Once the purple paint dries slightly, dip an eyeliner sponge or a q-tip into the pink glow paint and add dots to the ends of the purple design. You can add extra dots at the bottom of the design, as well as above and below the star on the forehead. Add in pink accents wherever you feel necessary.
7) Using pink glow paint, and an eyebrow brush, carefully paint over your eyebrows. You can add purple glow paint to the ends of your eyebrows for an ombre look.
8) Finish off your fairy princess look by painting pink glow paint onto your lips. Although this paint is non-toxic, be careful not to lick the paint off of your lips. When painting this look on a child, it is better to use neon pink lipstick on your lips, rather than paint. Add a tiara, wings, a wand and a tutu to complete your look!
Look 3: Day of the Dead Sugar Skull
The Day of the Dead Sugar Skull face paint will go perfectly with a sugar skull costume, or you can wear the face paint on its own! This glow face paint look requires a little more work than the other two, but is worth it! Here’s how to get the look:
1) Be sure your glow paints have been sitting under a bright light or in the sun for several hours. The longer the paints sit under a light, the longer they will glow in the dark.
2) First test the glow paint on your wrist to see if you are allergic, or if it affects your skin in anyway. Leave it on for five to ten minutes before washing it off. If your skin looks okay, proceed.
3) Start with a fresh, clean face. Rub in a little bit of primer to your entire face. This is to ensure the glow paint will not clog your pores. Next, use black eyeliner to outline your eyes. Be sure to make the eyeliner rather thick, as this will prevent paint from getting in or near the eyes. The black eyeliner will also make your eyes pop!
4) This step is optional: use a regular white face paint to cover your entire face. This will make the other colors of the face paint pop in the daylight, but the white paint itself will not glow in the dark. However, if you stand under a black light, the white paint will surely pop. The sugar skull face paint looks just as good without the white face paint, so this step is completely up to you!
5) Using a white eyeliner pencil, create large circles around both eyes. You want these circles to include the eyebrows, so be sure that the lines you are making are above your eyebrows. Once the circles are complete, and look symmetrical to one another, you can outline the circles with purple glow paint. In order to create purple glow paint, you will have to mix blue glow paintwith pink glow paint. Once the circles around your eyes are outlined, fill them in with the purple paint using a larger brush—an eye shadow brush works well. Be sure not to get the paint in the eyes.
6) Using a black eyeliner pencil, draw an “M” shaped line just above the tip of the nose. Paint over the tip of the nose, staying below the “M” line, with the purple glow paint.
7) Using a black eyeliner pencil, create small flower petals around the outside of the purple circles covering your eyes. Using a thin paint brush, fill in these flower petals with green glow paint. Be careful not to touch the purple glow paint on the nose!
8) Use a heart stencil, or draw one free-handedly with a black eyeliner pencil, filling it in with green glow paint.
9) Use a think paint brush and purple glow paint to paint thin lines extending from each side of your mouth. Create two lines crossing that line with the purple glow paint. Do this on each side. You may have to use several coats of paint to get these lines thick and smooth.
10) Using an eyeliner smudge sponge, finish up your look by adding dots around the face with orange glow paint. The dots look good going down the chin in a vertical line, as well as above and below the green heart on the forehead.
At Windy City Novelties, it’s our hope that this article inspires you to create a fun and unique party for your loved ones. For more helpful tips on organizing your event, email our dedicated party planning experts at email@example.com. You may also subscribe to our emails for weekly party planning ideas, featured products and more at https://www.windycitynovelties.com/customer/account/create/